Understanding the Covenant
- What is the Covenant?
- What is the “Greater Covenant”?
- What is the “Lesser Covenant”?
- What are the powers and blessings manifested through the Covenant?
- Why is it important to study the Covenant?
- What does it mean to be firm in the Covenant?
- What should we do when we are faced with a Baha’i law or teaching that we do not understand?
- What is the role of freedom in relation to the Covenant?
- What should we do if we disagree with a decision that has been made by a Baha’i Institution?
- What is the role of questioning and criticism in the Baha’i community?
- What is the difference between individual and authoritative interpretation?
The History of the Baha’i Covenant
- Where did ‘Abdu’l-Bahá derive His authority as the Center of Bahá’u’lláh’s Covenant?
- What is the station of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá?
- Where did Shoghi Effendi derive his authority as Guardian of the Bahá’í Faith?
- Where does the Universal House of Justice derive its authority as head of the Baha’i Faith?
- What is the role of the Institution of the Hands of the Cause of God?
- What were the conditions set by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá for the appointment of a Guardian after Shoghi Effendi?
- Did Shoghi Effendi write a Will and Testament?
- Can the Universal House of Justice function properly without a living Guardian?
Challenges to the Covenant
- Has the Covenant faced challenges in the history of the Baha’i Faith?
- What purposes do challenges to the Covenant serve?
- How should we respond to challenges to the Covenant?
- What does the term “Covenant-breaking” mean?
- What were some of the challenges to the Covenant after the passing of Baha’u’llah?
- What were some of the challenges to the Covenant after the passing of ‘Abdu’l-Baha?
- What challenge to the Covenant occurred after the passing of Shoghi Effendi?
- What kinds of challenges will the Covenant face in the future?